Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Bearly a Headache Bookmark

This cute image called "Bearly a Headache", comes from Sandra Caldwell on Etsy. She made this image specially for her good friend, Holley, who has been seizure free for 6 years after brain surgery.

Holley is having a bookmarker challenge on her blog using this image. I thought this would be a great opportunity to try something new to me. I used a Dove Blender Pen with Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color the bear. I squished some ink down on my craft sheet to work with. Then, I thought, why waste the leftovers, so I sprayed them with water and dunked the bookmarker into it. After it dried, I added a real bandaid for the bear to sit on, some white Neon Amplify and some shading with a Pitt pen. Finally, I added an epoxy sticker from Colorbok that said smile. Sometimes we have to smile when we least feel like it.
Thanks for stopping by. I love reading your comments!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my this is just awesome!! WOO HOO, thanks so much for joining in this contest. This is just super special to me. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very glad you like it, Holley. I am just so happy about your six years :)

      Delete
  2. I need to add, I just LOVE how you put her sitting on a band aid! so clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Kind of cracked myself up on that one, Holley :)

      Delete
  3. Your clever ideas are amazing! That band aid that the bear is sitting on is adorable and had me chuckling! I love the background that you created by using your leftover paint! I always forget these great techniques!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, that as an art journaler as well, I have learned to add "junk" to things LOL! Thanks, Janet!

      Delete
  4. This is great Jean, love him sitting on a band-aid and the way you painted him too!

    ReplyDelete