Wednesday, September 23, 2015

That Folder with Butterflies

I finally got "that" folder as it is called by everyone on Facebook. It is such a beautiful folder and had to be special ordered as it came with one of those English card making magazines, Papercraft Essentials #122. There have been so many beautiful cards made with this folder by others and I knew I couldn't possible make anything so elegant. So, in my normal fashion, I played with the folder. I used a different folder for the top portion with all the little butterflies. I used Dylusion Ink pads to do the background on top of some white embossing. The bottom was rubbed over with inks as well. I made two of the die cut butterflies. The bottom one has the same inks over it to make a shadow. the butterfly is popped up. I used the watercolor technique with the ink pad to color the borders and the circles. Finally, a bit of Wink of Stella was added to the large butterfly.

Shared with:
Through the Craft Room Door
613 Avenue Create 
Crafty Girlz Challenges

7 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, this is gorgeous, Jean! I think I need that folder! You will have to tell me more about it! The colors are just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. I have heard that it is no longer available. Do check, if you have a Joanns near you as I have heard that some of them still have it. It came in issue 122 of Papercraft Essentials.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colors! Thanks for dropping this by 613 Avenue Create this week. We hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! So glad you came Through The Craft Room Door to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Great!! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    EnjoyScrappin2 {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete